I am a huge walker and have always loved it!
Walking can provide as many health benefits as other forms of strenuous exercise! Walking health benefits include:
- increased heart and lung fitness
- reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- improved management of condition such as high blood pressure, cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness and diabetes
- increased muscle strength and endurance
- stronger bones and improved balance
- reduce body fat
- less impact on joints than other sports
- assist with movement if carrying injuries
- enjoy the great outdoors and fresh air
- great way to get yourself in an active routine
- social form of exercise.
It is recommend for better health to walk 30 minutes a day – not keen to walk on your own or know how to start – get moving and join me on one of my weekly walking classes!